ABPTRFE is a 10-member body appointed by the American Physical Therapy Association's Board of Directors. The board consists of eight physical therapist members and two public members, each serving a four-year term.
|Mark Weber, PT, PhD, ATC
Board-Certified Clinical Specialist in Sports Physical Therapy
Texas Woman's University
Term: 7/1/18 to 12/31/22
|Jackie Osborne, PT, DPT
Board-Certified Clinical Specialist in Geriatric Physical Therapy
Term: 1/1/19 to 12/31/23
|Alice Holder, PT, DPT, MHS
Board-Certified Clinical Specialist in Geriatric and Neurologic Physical Therapy
Cincinnati VA Medical Center
Term: 1/1/22 to 12/31/26
Matt Briggs, PT, DPT, ATC, PhD
|Noel Goodstadt, PT, DPT
Board-Certified Clinical Specialist in Orthopaedic Physical Therapy
Term: 7/1/18 to 12/31/22
|Samantha Gubka, PT, DPT
Board-Certified Orthopaedic and Sports Clinical Specialist
Olympic Sports and Spine
Term: 7/1/17 to 12/31/21
|Timothy Mott, PhD
Independent Higher Education Consultant
Term: 9/1/19 to 12/31/24
|Robin Myers, PT, DPT
Board-Certified Clinical Specialist in Neurologic Physical Therapy
Lebanon Valley College
Term: 7/1/20 to 12/31/24
|Eric S. Pelletier, PT, DPT
Board-Certified Clinical Specialist in Pediatric Physical Therapy
University of the Sciences
Term: 7/1/19 to 12/31/23
|William Kakish, PhD, JD
Distant Education Accrediting Commission
Term: 7/1/21 to 12/31/23
ABPTRFE Board Tasks
- Determining the quality standards, policies, and procedures with which a residency or fellowship education program must comply to be accredited and amending these requirements, as appropriate.
- Providing an efficient and credible system for the evaluation, accreditation, and renewal of accreditation of physical therapy residency and fellowship education programs.
- Developing and maintaining the policies and procedures for the implementation and evaluation of the accreditation process including, but not limited to, the development and/or maintenance of processes for: a) Accrediting residency and fellowship programs; b) Selection of Candidacy Review Council members; c) Documenting findings of written review and site visit; d) Auditing accredited residency and fellowship programs; and e) Renewal of accreditation for residency and fellowship programs.
- Providing formal recognition of ABPTRFE accredited residency and fellowship programs.
- Overseeing the activities of the Candidacy Review Council and evaluate effectiveness of processes and initiatives.
- Addressing the demand for accredited residency and fellowship programs by promoting wide regional representation and access to all specialty and subspecialty practices.
- Fostering retention of accredited residency and fellowship programs.
- Identifying new and existing resources for residency and fellowship programs.
- Acting upon all grievance issues (appeals process).
- Appointing members of the Candidacy Review Council.